Friday, June 17, 2005

New Job

I started my new job today, basically my job is to help school students undertsand their higher education options, so i (with Andrea the BOSS) go around schools in the UK to give talks and then questionnaires to YEAR 12's (equivalent to rab3a thanawy) so that they learn how to use different universities prospectuses..

This morning we drove to a school near leeds. The school was really huge and the students were amazingly clever and polite (unlike schools near my area). Also, it was like 50% of the student were way taller ( much much taller) than i am, they also were huge (what is it with the hormones in the new generations???). I seriously thought "damn they can crush me and not even notice".

Anyway, it went absolutely fine and the teachers were really sweet but ever so busy.
Brought back my GCSE year memories :)
We ruled the school cos we were "the seniors" and broke all the laws you can think of.. Now That Was Life

9 Comments:

At 4:27 AM, June 17, 2005, Blogger jameed, RPh, MS said...

See this is why it rocks to be a PhD student. You get to boss MS students and undergrads.

I love power and control.

-Adolf Jameed

 
At 1:03 PM, June 17, 2005, Blogger MASS said...

hahaha
I remember now my year 12 or sixth form, where we didnt have to wear ties

by the way which school did you go to if you dont mind me asking:)??

 
At 4:28 PM, June 17, 2005, Blogger Emarket said...

you will never forget first job memories , good luck , o menha ela el a3la enshala

 
At 7:43 PM, June 17, 2005, Blogger Contrarian said...

Congratulations on your job. The chance to touch someone like is very special.

chazinc.blogspot.com (wanna exchange links?)

 
At 8:12 PM, June 17, 2005, Blogger Exceer said...

Jameed, LOOL who Does not like power and control.. i still laugh to this day at the note in your lab (caution, an arab is around) or something similar like that :)


Shopaholic, Yeah i really like the idea of my job, cos i am the type of person who LOVES knowing what goes in the minds of students about their future


Q8ibloger, i did not recieve my education in kuwait, i was in a private school in another country(not UK) :) but it was the best decision taken by my parents ever, cos i had the time of my life. i am actually thinking about sending my own children there in the future.


Sailor, Thanks alotTtTtT


Chazeriffic, Thanks, yes it is amazing, but sometimes i wonder if they would actually remember me :)



Nevertheless everyone, i am more than happy that i do not do the finance bit. another guy does, and last time he finished his talk; 2 girls went all panicky, cos LOANS and crap like this is not really what 18 years old's wanna hear in this time of their life.. specifically if you dont have decent parents who would help you with your fees.. the office i work in apparently gets lots of cases like this.. poor things

 
At 9:16 AM, June 18, 2005, Blogger jameed, RPh, MS said...

It is actually a biohazard sticker that says "Biohazard Identity: Arab"

 
At 12:05 PM, June 18, 2005, Blogger Exceer said...

Sorry about that, but its cos i read it a long time ago.. :)

 
At 11:33 PM, June 19, 2005, Blogger Raheel Lakhani said...

interesting job!!

and seniors always rock.. you made me remember my not-so-old good college days. Rules are meant to be broken!

 
At 11:42 PM, June 19, 2005, Blogger Exceer said...

"Rules are meant to be broken"
Is something i always say :)
Applies to everything doesn't it ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home